Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Arm Knitting Experience

I've been kind of bored lately. Mostly because I've been too lazy to workout in any form. The only exercise I am a participating in is lifting my arm to my mouth. Pathetic, I know. It doesn't help that I'm a total stress eater and I'm stress out of my mind. I was determined to do something other than watch Netflix.

I decided to try my hand at knitting...again. I once knitted a scarf. I have a good friend who is an amazing knitter and she was willing to teach me. My first project is a hat. I'm using a circular needle. The hat is looking good so far. I think I got the knit and purl down. I even added two decorative rows to make it look neat. I had to stop because I haven't learned how to start tapering off.

As I'm waiting for my next knitting lesson, I did some research on arm knitting. Haven't heard of it? Arm knitting uses your arms as the needles. It makes the knit very loose.

I purchased some yarn and started. It took me about 25 minutes to knit an infinity scarf. It didn't work out at all. When I was all finished knitting, I didn't end it correctly. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it all unraveled into one messy heap. I gave up for the night.

Yesterday, it took my 2 hours to unravel the heap of yarn. Thank goodness for TV.

I started the whole process again today. This time it worked out wonderful. And it was easier the second time around. See for yourself.

This is the site that I used:
Want to learn to arm knit? Click here!


My unfinished hat

No comments:

Post a Comment