Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Recovery and Yoga

It was too hot to run outside when I get off work today, so I went to the gym. I really needed to run. After a few days of not doing much, my body craved some physical activity. My legs felt about 90% recovered. I don't necessarily like running on the treadmill or the deathmill as I like to refer to it. Deathmills are great when running outside is not an option. Today was one of those days. I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes then ran 3 miles. The run was at a slower recovery pace. It felt so great to be able to run. 

A few months ago, I was told that yoga was good for runners and that I should try it. I knew this, but I just was afraid to try it. It looked difficult for a non-flexible person like myself. I finally caved and went to a yoga class at the gym. Why did I wait so long? I loved it. The only problem was that the gym needed to offer more yoga classes. I had to start looking for yoga other places. I found that I liked the yoga videos created by Runner's World the best. They are beginner friendly and easy to follow. If you are looking to try some yoga, I would suggest checking them out. http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-world-yoga-center I would also highly recommend purchasing a yoga mat. It makes the experience much nicer. Once you get the yoga posses down, I like to listen to the yoga station on Pandora. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment