Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Ouch! It kind of hurts to move.

I purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a couple of weeks ago. I read a bunch of online reviews before I bought it just to see if it worked for the general public. What I read seemed favorable, so I found it on Amazon. I think that you can also get on YouTube of the BeFit channel.  I didn't want to start it before my half marathon or the week after when I was still sore.

Yesterday was the day! I ran four miles in the afternoon on the deathmill. When I made it home, I still craved more. In the DVD player it went. I set it on level 1. Holy crap! I sweated bullets.

For those of you who have never heard of the 30 Day Shred, here is a little about how it works. The program has 3 levels. You complete each for 10 days. I read somewhere that Jillian Michaels said she never intended for people to do all 30 days in a row. She encouraged people to take a day off every few days. The 30 Day Shred program is a circuit training. You complete 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. Each level repeats this series several times. The is also a quick warm-up and cool down. You get all this in about 23 minutes.

I got up just after 6 am to repeat the torture because it felt so good. I've had to make a few changes. First, I had to hold onto hand weights when I did push-ups, because my wrist is still tender from last months surgery. It worked great. Second, I had to take a short break during the jump rope section because my calves were cramping up. Third, I made sure to follow Anita, the nice lady doing the adapted exercises.

Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? Did you get good results? Have you completed it while training for a race?

I'm hoping to see good results and to get stronger. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sept. 2014 update:
I was trying to complete the 30 Day Shred and train for a marathon. Not really the best idea. For the three weeks I did the program, I felt stronger and I did lose a few pounds. I had to make the difficult decision to stop in order to consentrate on running. I WILL start again after my marathon at the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment